Be among the first to know when the next round of auditions is announced: sign up to receive our email newsletter.
AUDITION GENERAL INFORMATION
WIZARD OF OZ
- AUDITIONS: Saturday, May 18 from Noon-6:00pm
- CALLBACKS: Sunday, May 19, between 10am-5pm
- SEEKING: This is an adult company. At this time, we are not seeing anyone under the age of 18. Performers of all races, genders, and ethnicities are encouraged to audition. All actors will receive some pay. Union and Non-union welcome.
- DIRECTOR: Joe Chvala
- Bring a picture and resume and fill out the attached audition form.
- Prepare 16-32 bars of a song in the same style of the show.
- Be in dance clothes and shoes for callbacks
- SCHEDULING AN AUDITION TIME:
- Sign up for a 5-minute audition slot online here.
- If you do not know when you can come, feel free to attend without signing up- you will be seen between slots.
- If you cannot make auditions, video auditions are also acceptable. Submit a song and include a headshot and resume. Forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tentative Start Date: October 21, 2019.
- Rehearsals will be Mondays-Thursdays, 6pm-10pm, and Sundays between 12-6pm.
- If actors are available during the weekday, some rehearsals may take place outside this schedule.
- December 5-8, 12-15, and 19-22. (Thursdays-Saturdays at 7:30pm & Saturday/Sundays at 2:00pm)
- An additional performance may be added Wednesday, December 18, should the show sell out.
- Download the ‘Wizard of Oz’ audition packet here.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Based on the beloved 1939 film that has been entertaining families for generations, the Wizard of Oz is re-imagined for the stage, full of the familiar songs from the Oscar-winning movie score.
When Dorothy’s farmhouse is blown over the rainbow to the magical land of Oz, a magical adventure ensues with ruby slippers, Toto, lions, tigers, and bears oh my! Follow us down the yellow brick road with your favorite characters and iconic moments, plus a few surprises along the way.
Don’t miss your chance to rediscover the real story of Oz in this fantastic musical treat!
All auditions are open to the public. Complete audition packets are available at the NorShor Box Office or online approximately two weeks prior to each audition date (if not sooner).
All auditions will be held at the NorShor Theatre Rehearsal Studio spaces (located at 211 East Superior Street, on the 3rd Floor via the skywalk or Lights on Duluth — follow the posted signs!) unless otherwise noted.
Scripts are available for a 3-day rental from the NorShor Box Office with a $5 refundable cash deposit (when scripts are returned).