FROM THE DULUTH PLAYHOUSE: Yes, we are very excited to announce the cast list of the musical thriller for Sweeney Todd, but first, we want to say THANK YOU.
Thank you to each and every one of you who walked into the rehearsal studio to share your talents at auditions. We can’t do what we do without each of you coming and showing up, and we thank you so much for that. Our job wasn’t easy, that’s for sure!
To those of you who were not cast, we can’t wait to see you at more upcoming auditions for the NorShor Theatre. For those of you who were cast, congratulations! We’ll see you in the rehearsal studios sooner than you think.
And now, announcing the cast of Stephen Sondheim’s Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street!
- SWEENEY TODD: Paul Coate*
- MRS. LOVETT: Jen Burleigh-Bentz*
- ANTHONY: Stuart Gordon
- JOHANNA: Haley Methner
- JUDGE TURPIN: Michael Kraklio**
- BEGGAR WOMAN: Rebecca Farmer
- PIRELLI: Joe McLaughlin**
- TOBIAS: Kyle McMillan**
- BEADLE: Zach Churchill
- ENSEMBLE: April Roeder, Erin Blazevic**, Andrea Leonard, Catherine Dueklow, Dani Hollar**, Matias Valero, David Greenberg, Jonathan Lotti, Luke Hoplin & Joshua Smith**
*Member of Actor’s Equity Association (AEA)
**Member of Playhouse Resident Company
Directed by Melissa Hart (A Grand Night For Singing, The Music Man)
‘Sweeney Todd’ performs at the NorShor Theatre from March 28-April 14, 2019. Tickets are not yet on sale to the general public. Learn more by visit duluthplayhouse.org/main-stage.
About the Show:
- Book by Hugh Wheeler
- Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
- Based on an adaptation by Christopher Bond
- Originally Directed on Broadway by Harold Prince
This musical thriller tells the story of an obsessively vengeful barber and his twisted partnership with the outrageous Mrs. Lovett, who devise a devilish plot to add a special ingredient to a recipe that has all of London dying for their pies. Sweeney embarks on a deliciously chilling rampage to right the wrongs of so many years ago.
Stephen Sondheim’s gloriously gruesome and fiercely funny musical combines melodrama and murder and features one of the most thrilling scores ever written for the stage.