The Duluth Playhouse is very excited to announce their cast for The Government Inspector, performing on the NorShor Theatre stage this coming May. A farce written by Jeffrey Hatcher, The Government Inspector follows the exploits of a small-town mayor and his cronies as they get word that an inspector sent from the state is coming to examine their town incognito.
And now, meet the cast!
- ANTON ANTONOVICH: Jody Kujawa
- OSIP/POSTMASTER: Gabe Mayfield
- ANNA ANDREYEVNA: Christina Stroup*
- MARYA ANTONOVNA: Eden Nesburg**
- IVAN ALEXANDREYEVICH HLESTAKOV: Jonathan Lotti
- GRUSHA / WAITRESS / LOCKSMITH’S WIFE: Carol Zakula
- JUDGE / ABDULLIN: Jesse Davis
- SCHOOL PRINCIPAL / PENTELAEYEV: Bryan Burns
- HOSPITAL DIRECTOR / CHERNAEYEV: Brendan Finn
- DOCTOR: Tyler Goebel
- BOBCHINSKY: Joe McLaughlin**
- DOBCHINSKY: David Krick
- INNKEEPER’S WIFE / CORPORAL’S WIDOW: Erin Hart
- SVETSUNOV / CONSTABLE / IMPERIAL MESSENGER: Matt Johnsrud
*Member of Actor’s Equity Association (AE) // **Member of the Playhouse Resident Company
ABOUT THE SHOW
A farce in the truest sense of the word, The Government Inspector follows the exploits of a small-town mayor and his cronies as they get word that an inspector sent from the state would be examining their town incognito.
Terrified that their massive corruption will be discovered, the mayor and his gang of officials mistake a low-level bureaucrat staying at a local inn as the inspector. Hilarity ensues as they try to bribe, seduce, and dupe him in this case of mistaken identity.
Tickets are on sale now, so head on over to www.norshortheatre.com/single-tickets to get yours today.
- Performing: May 9-19, 2019
- Showtimes: Thursday-Saturday @ 7:30pm // Sunday @ 2:00pm (May 19 only)
- Standard: $30-$40
- Student Rush (ages 25 and under): $25 – available the night of a performance only with valid student ID
- Purchase: www.norshortheatre.com // 218.733.7555 // In-person at the NorShor Theatre Box Office (211 E. Superior St.)
Directed by Michael Kraklio** // Written by Jeffrey Hatcher // Based on the farce by Nikolai Gogol