The Music Man, the as American as apple pie musical, opened Thursday night (7/12) at the NorShor Theatre, a production totally committed to charming the audience from start to finish.
Shad Olsen and Ali Littrell Finstrom team-up for the fourth time as the leads in a Duluth Playhouse musical. The former, as Professor Hill, has come to River City, Iowa, under the guise of being a music teacher with plans to start a band — but first, he needs money. You can see the gleam in Olsen’s eye from the back row of the balcony, his two sets of two-tone shoes the clearest sign the charming con-man is as slick as a whistle.
The latter plays the librarian who falls for him. Finstrom breathes fresh life into the proper Marian. “My White Knight” has always been a throwaway song for me, but Finstrom gave it real emotional weight.
COME SEE THE SHOW AT THE NORSHOR THEATRE!
- What: Meredith Willson’s The Music Man
- When: July 19-29, 2018
- Showtimes: Thursday-Saturday @ 7:30pm, Sunday @ 2pm
- An ASL-Interpreted performance is scheduled for Thursday, July 19 @ 7:30pm
- Where: The NorShor Theatre (211 E. Superior St., downtown Duluth, MN)
- Tickets: Adults – $35-$45 (depending on seat location), Students – $25
- Purchase: www.duluthplayhouse.org | 218.733.7555 | 211 E. Superior St.