Tales of murder, the macabre and midnight’s bloodiest deeds have long held the power to capture our darkest imaginations and haunt our dreams.
The Duluth Playhouse production, directed by Melissa Hart, tells the tale of Sweeney’s path of revenge on the judge who took his wife and daughter from him and exiled him to an Australian prison camp.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE REVIEW:
- One of Paul Coate’s (Sweeney Todd) strongest dramatic scenes is when he turns on the audience, threatening those in the first few rows with the wrath of his shiny blade.
- Paul Coate and Jen Burleigh-Bentz (Mrs. Lovett) have their strongest vocal moment together with the witty Act One closing song, “A Little Priest,” where Sondheim’s lyrical genius is especially on display.
- Scenic Designer Ann Gumpper’s evocative set provides a brooding backdrop, making dramatic use of pivoting pieces, escape hatches, moving stairs and shadowy doorways.
COME SEE THE SHOW!
- When: April 4-7 & April 11-14, 2019
- Time: Thursday-Saturday @ 7:30pm // Sunday @ 2:00pm
- Where: The NorShor Theatre (211 E. Superior St., Duluth MN 55802)
- Standard: $35-$50
- Brunch and a Show Package: $60-$70 // Learn more about Brunch and a Show
- Student Rush (25 and under): $25 at the door with valid ID the night of a performance
- Purchase: www.norshortheatre.com // 218.733.7555 / In-person at the Box Office